We have been receiving a lot of queries about when basketball will start back up again.
Unfortunately we cannot tell you when this will happen, but we are committed to ensuring we provide you with updates.
There will be no basketball played at Power Assist during April or May. We will reassess the situation during May to determine our next steps.
We hope that all of our community are staying safe and healthy.
What can you do to prevent spreading germs?
The most important preventive strategies are simple social and hygiene behaviours which will also protect against other communicable diseases such as influenza. It is everyone’s responsibility to minimise health risks to ourselves and our community. Below are some specific tips:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially before and after eating, and after going to the toilet. Make sure hands are dried well afterwards.
- Alcohol based hand rub may also be used if there are no washing facilities and the hands are not visibly soiled.
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue, and dispose of it, or cover with the crook of your elbow, then wash hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others: touching, shaking hands, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
Chair – Power Assist Board